Saturday, October 31, 2009

Paxil is Pexeva?

after deciding to go off my anxiety meds with my docs permission, he told me pexeva was NOT paxil, well i remembered quite vividly him telling me when i was given the meds that i was being given a generic brand of PAXIL, so i researched it and it seems that all i can find is what i thought he told me and then later denied giving me, was PAXIL, im i wrong or is PEXEVA not generic PAXIL? b/c everytime i look it up there it is-paxil, paxil cr and pexeva! all peroxitine, all the same same medicine, just under different names, by the way it should be called PAX-HELL, this drug was the worst thing ever, the withdrawl is worse than the condition i was given the drug for!!!!
Answer:
PEXEVA is a brand product composed of paroxetine mesylate. PEXEVA is bioequivalent to GlaxoSmithKline's Paxil, which is composed of paroxetine hydrochloride. The chemical difference between the two products is the inactive salt portion of the active ingredient (PEXEVA's mesylate vs. PAXIL's hydrochloride). The inactive salt is separated from the active paroxetine molecule in the gastrointestinal tract, leaving only the active paroxetine molecule to be absorbed into the bloodstream and provide the intended therapeutic effect.

I personally don't think SSRI's do anyting for depression. No one has been able to successfully explain to me how exactly seratonin plays a role in depressive disorder. Even in the drug commercials they carefully state that serotonin "is believed" to play a role in depression. Basically they are selling you something that changes brain chemistry when they have no idea if that is the problem. A doctor does no medical examination nor do they "measure" quantitative values of seratonin so why on earth would they start fudging with it. So many people I have encountered have had nightmares with SSRI's. I'm no doctor, chemist or expert, but I've seen the results of bad medicine up close and personal. I agree, they are BAD NEWS!


Edit:
EXACTLY! But don't blame your doctor, most of them have no idea what it even is. Whichever drug company whore that gives them the box seats wins the "prescription of the month" prize. I have rarely met an MD who has any idea the pathophysiology of the drugs they prescribe.
what was the withdrawl like. I have just started taking it a week ago, and it seems to be helping my anxiety ok BUT i do get a nervously shaky feeling, followed by a bit of nausea that goes away after about a half hour(not too severe)... Fill me in Im actually taking what says PEROXITINE on the bottle, what is supposed to be generic. Im sorry I dont know what to say as far as your question goes, i wanted to help, but if you wouldnt mind writing me back and filling me in about it more, id really appreciate it. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net