Saturday, October 31, 2009

Panic attacks?

I am 16 years old and i suffer from panic and anxiety attacks. I just waned to make sure the things i am feeling are normal. Well here goes. When ever i have one i first feel as if i cant breathe and have to take really really deep breaths in order to breathe. I then feel really wierd like im going to faint and its even got so bad that i would have suicidal thoughts. I am now seeing a counselor now and i have even told my mom about what i think about at times. I dont know if it may be stress. I honestly think it is but not sure. Alll i know is i cant tell you my life story in just a paragraph so... I just wnat to know is if i will ever get rid of these? Like i said i am going to start going to counseling again since my mom finally got approval from the insurance agency and will hopefully get rid of these once and for all. I just hate feeling crappy about myself at times and feeling scared if i am going to do something stupid especially when i have my panic attacks.
Answer:
Panic Attacks, Depersonalization and Derealization are real and are best treated with cousenling and at least some Benzos.Ativan ,Valium, Xanax and/or Antidepressants...Effexor, Paxil, Luvox, Topamax...

The main thing is to not fight the attacks. Touch reality...call a friend ...talk with someone at home. Stay in reality and self checking are important..

You are not going crazy or going to die from a Panic Attack or DP/DR.

Limit your Stress , caffeine....get proper rest, exercise really helps too.
YES THOSE ARE ALL SYMPTOMS OF PANINC OR ANXIETY ATTACKS. THEY REALLY DO SUCK. WELL MOST PANIC ATTACKS HAVE TO DO WITH STRESS LACK OF REST AND PAST TRAUMAS. YOU COULD HELP AVOID THEM. TRY NOT CONSUMING MUCH CAFFIENE , EX: STARBUCKS. ALSO, TRY TO RELIEVE YOUR STRESS AND TRY TO FIND MOMENTS TO JUST THINK FOR YOURSELF AND RELAX. SWIMMING OR WALKING OUTSIDE WHEN ITS FRESH HELPS. GO PLACES WHERE THERE ISN'T MUCH NOISE. TALKING ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS OR RELIEVING YOUR STRESS HELPS. DO EXCERSISE THAT'S ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTORS IN AVOIDING PANIC ATTACKS. ! THE COUNSELING WILL HELP. GOOD LUCK!!
HI ANGEL REGARDING PANIC ATTACKS NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE WHY THEY HAPPEN OR WHEN, BUT ANXIETY WILL BRING THEM ON. BREATHING DEEPLY AND TRYING TO CALM YOURSELF DOWN IS A GOOD IDEA. I SHOULD KNOW, I HAVE HAD THEM SINCE I WAS 16 NOW 52. BACK THEN I DIDN'T TELL ANYONE BECAUSE I THOUGHT I WAS GOING CRAZY. NOW AT LEAST I KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME. ONCE YOU SEE SOMEONE, YOU WILL MOST LIKELY BE PUT ON AN ANTI-ANXIETY MEDICATION THAT WILL HELP EASE THE PANIC ATTACKS. FOR SEVERAL YEARS I WAS FREE OF THESE PANIC ATTACKS, THEN THEY CAME BACK FOR KNOW GOOD REASON. GOOD LUCK WITH COUNSELING AND JUST REMEMBER NO ONE HAS EVER DIED FROM A PANIC ATTACK YOU JUST FEEL LIKE YOU ARE.
call 1888 826 9438 axiety hotline. go to adaa.org, holisticonline.com, and anxietyandfears.com, and try wikihow.com/deal-with stress. alos talk to me i can help dogmicjoe@yahoo.com
It is good that you are talking to someone. you will survive but at the time it doesn't seem so..your counselor may suggest an anti-anxiety medication to help you when you feel the worst..only someone who has been there knows what you are talking about..they can be disabling but you have to make certain that you fight it all the time until you are back to normal...you have to believe that you will get better...sometimes it will take a few months...try not to get off your schedule and routine too much, no matter how difficult it is...you must learn how to cope...take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net