Sunday, October 25, 2009

On a scale of 1-10 how dumb am I?

I rode my bike to Petco to buy pig ears for my dog.When I chained my bike up I wrapped the chain around the seat(the stem part) one time and somebody just slipped the chain over the seat and stole my bike.I was just left with the chain and lock.
Answer:
Kindness trumps bike-chaining prowess in my book every day of the week. You went to do something nice for your pet, and unfortunately, your bike was stolen.

It is entirely possible that your bike would have been stolen regardless of whether or not you chained it appropriately. Motivated bike theives are not easily deterred by chains.

You might want to consider investing in a U-lock (rather than a chain) when you get another bike. Even with U-locks, however, if your bike is out-of-sight and in a public area, it will always be at risk.

NO sense in putting yourself down. The person to blame here is really the theif, not you.

Hang in there,
~M~
Ride the chain home.
Everyone does something stupid sometimes, and you should not put yourself down. You are one of the 8 Billion human beings on this planet with flaws. lol.
This doesn't necessarily mean you're dumb. You may just be absent-minded or perhaps you were distracted that day. In any case, the fact that you know how they did it means you don't deserve anything above a 5.
10 this time. But it doesn't mean you are stupid unless you do it again.
I'd say 3 TOPS! Everyone has done something stupid and suffered for it! We live and learn! Doesn't make us stupid!
That sucks...it's dumb...but sorry to hear that. Hope it wasn't a nice bike!

Side note: a determined bike theif will always win. I've seen bikes left with just the wheel, Kryptonite locks cut open...and heard of motorcycles being put in pickup trucks! What can you do?
I'm sorry there are people in this world that makes us have to chain bikes and worry about such things. But as time goes by this is one of those stories that you'll tell coworkers at lunch and laugh about. And it will make you more understanding whenever your own children do stupid things that cost you money and come home embarrassed or crying. These things make us more human or hateful and less human.
Your brilliant!!

You've just invented a new bike lock. Attach the chain to the bike stem and make it retractable to wrap around the bike stem.

You'll make your money back in millions to buy a new bike and perhaps a bike shop and money left over to giggle to the bank while on vacation all the time :)
I say minus 5 (-5)!
lol you are absent minded like me. its ok.
thats about a 1
its okay.. I do a lot stupider things sometimes.. I took my own braces off.. %26gt;.%26lt; at least your dog is going to be happy :)
your not dumb, you just made a mistake. we all do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net