Saturday, October 31, 2009

Panic attacks help??

Okay yesterday i had a panic attack after watching running with scissors and now every time i go into a dark room i feel anxious i just had 2 panic attacks im only 14 what is triggering these things?? I am semi-afraid of the dark and i have separation anxiety from my brother justice. I have never really had panic attacks whats up with all this can you help please. I don't wanna tell my dad unless there is something seriously wrong.
Answer:
I didn't have panic attacks until my father was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer in 2003.
From that point up until the present, I still have problems with panic attacks and am even taking medication for the attacks which is seeming to help alot.
Occasionally, I have problems with attacks even while taking the medication.
Don't feel bad about having these episodes, because you can't help having them. It's just something that happens.
My biggest problem that causes me to have a panic attack is when I am i large crowds. I have to make sure I have had my medication before I gone into large crowds anywhere.
quit watching scary movies and sit down and do deep breathing when you feel a panic attack coming on
Definetly tell your dad so he can reassure you. Many people have panic attacks first of all know you are not alone. There are some things you can do to help yourself. First stay away from caffeine. Turn on some music which will help you relax and try to read or play a game or something. Anything that will take your mind off of it. Try breathing slowly telling yourself everything is ok. Talk to your parents so they can help you, its not a big deal.
most of us do feel anxious when we have watched a scary movie, if they make you feel this way then you must stop watching them,and leave a night light on if your affraid of the dark, and being seperated from your brother is only caused from you watching these movies because you think something will happen to him... give scary movies the flick and you will soon be back to your normal self!!
Ive had panic attacks before. Its competely different with all people as to why they have them but for me im almost positive that it was because i was smoking and drinking a lot. I was draining my body of chemicals that make a person feel better. When that happens your body goes nuts and has to scramble to get these chemicals back. Thats when you get a panic attack. It may have something to do with your brother. If you think about somebody ( or anything) that causes you stress then you are also draining your body of these chemicals. So I guess I just wish you wouldve provided more info. But whatever the case may be youre too young to confront it yourself. It is not natural to get that many panic attacks. Definetely talk to your Dad about it. Never be afraid to tell your parents about something. He wont think youre a freak hunny, hes your Dad.
caffsans have right! is the best answer. But if you don't believe... or if you really want to see what is going on. close yourself in a small dark place until your alarm clock ring (3 hours). If you will not dye during the 3 hours, you will never have panic attacks. But if you think you will die, don't do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net