Sunday, October 25, 2009

On a heartattack how imporant is it to get to hospitals?

what im asking is my brother called and said my dad was not breathing and it took me over 30 min to get there and he stayed there another 20 min so he was there for over 50 min in his house. i feel they should of took right off my dad died and i want answers ...
Answer:
Wait, what do you feel?
She should of went to the hospital with her first sign of a heart attack.The longer a person waits for treatment the more chances of pernament damages being done to the heart....... looked at my answer and I am so sorry I said she when I meant he.
Theres a reason they have ambulances. To get people to the hospital that need help, like your father. There is no reason he should have sat in a house dying, or dead for that matter with no one thinking to call and ambulance, or 911 atleast.
Well, I guess it would be important to know how long it had been that your Dad had not been breathing, before your brother had called. I believe after just a few minutes of not breathing can lead to brain damage and cell death.
why didn't they call an ambulance? time is of the essense when dealing with a heart attack.
I don't really fully understand your question, I am sorry for your loss though and right now I would say is the wrong time to point fingers hun, you can't blame anyone .. wish you well.
i'm SO sorry about your dad.
here goes...
it's more important to get TREATMENT than it is to get to a hospital when one has a heart attack. on an immediate basis, one should chew a low dosed aspirin, have a dose of nitroglycerin to ease chest pain and have an ekg, all this before the patient is even moved. these precautions may save the patient's life. i know this because on 4/3/07, 2 weeks before my 47th birthday, i had a heart attack. the EMTs worked on me for 40-some minutes before they got me into the ambulance, and i am gratified to say, i'm still here.
but once again, i'm sorry for your loss.
Anytime someone is having a heart attack and not breathing, the faster they are taken to the hospital the better. If you mean the ambulance stayed there for 50 minutes, that does seem a long time. Is that what you meant? They worked to stablize your dad that long?I'm not a doctor, but it seems like a lot of time. So sorry for your loss.
They should have got him straight in to the hospital! However, If the paramedics were working on him, and treating him at the scene, then they would have tried to stabilise him first, before moving him. Which is the correct procedure for heart attack victims. If that's the case then they would have done their best for your dad. I and all of us here, offer the deepest condolences for you and your family in this time of grief. Very sad. My blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net