Saturday, October 31, 2009

Paranoid Thoughts?

Evey time I hear strangers talk I think they are talking about me. Always saying something insulting. Are these my own thoughts being changed around in my mind? I had a serious full blown paranoid delusion a while back where I just laid on my bed and imagined crazy **** and their were voices in my head talking down on me. That was about 6 months ago though.
Answer:
You are probably self-referencing - thinking things are about you when they're not. If you've been paranoid in the past, then this is probably a recurrence. Seek help - a counselor and a psychiatrist, one to talk to and one to see if any meds might help.
Meanwhile, question your automatic thoughts. If you're with friends, ask them if they're talking about you as a reality test. Tell them that's what you're doing, just checking it out so you can tell whether your brain is working as it should, or doing an old thing.
You can become in charge of your brain, once you understand how it works, and what it tells you that's true versus how it misfires and sends mental 'spam' your way.
You need find someone that can give you professional help. What you are experiencing is a problem but you can get help for it. Don't wait.
This is a sign of a serious but very treatable chemical imbalance in your brain. You need to seek medical help for this now. There is no reason for you to suffer by yourself and be frightened by your symptoms when all you need is medication. If you do not have medical insurance, get your phone book, look under your County pages. Locate the number for the Health Department. They can refer you to a sliding scale or if you qualify financially, even a free service for a psychiatrist. If you need any help with finding this information, speak with a school counselor, or a trusted official within your church, and ask them to help you find treatment. Please do not suffer anymore, you deserve to live a happy, healthy life. I wish you all the best in getting treatment quickly.
I am bi-polar and have only been diagnosed since 2001 but have suffered miserably for my whole life. Find a psychiatrist that is experienced in this area. Youy family doc dhould be able to refer you to one. Mean while if it gets bad, don't be afraid to ask a friend or family member for help. Or even go to the regular hospital. They have trained staff on duty to deal with these things. Dont let this get out of hand.
OMG! Exactly! I feel the same way every singel time some is talking around me and I'm not part of the conversation. I'm just hoping that it is something that I'll grow out of. It kinda hurts my self-esteem in a way. But like you said, it could be your own thoughts being changed around in your mind, I just never thought about it that way. I guess that with me, I just got used to it and it doesn't really bother me. It's already second nature. I wish you the same luck that I had.
You need to see a psychiatrist. Your reality testing is in serious trouble. You may be heading towards a breakdown.
i agree with marissa r. it could get worse. sounds like early signs of schizophrenia. are you on any sort of drugs, becuase drugs can do this to you. i've been through the same thing, and now i'm on medication (abilify/aripiprazole). please seek help becuase you can be a danger to yourself and others. being delusional is a serious thing. on the bright side, you're not crazy and i'm not trying to sound serious, but i've been through it. go seek help, you'll find life a lot easier while on medication. just be honest with the shrink and they'll do whatever they need to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net