Saturday, October 31, 2009

Panic Attacks PLEASE ANSWER?

What's a good medicine to help with panic/anxiety attacks. Do I need to take them everyday? I had a attack this morning. The emgerceny room said it was a panic attack! Any advice? I felt like I was going to die. I kept praying, I had shortness of breath! I'm scared!
Answer:
Get yourself to the doctor! I have depression/anxiety disorder. Different things set off panic attacks for me. I use Clonazepam (sp?) for it. Just knowing I have it in my purse helps. I take it when I feel an attack coming on or I'm geting ready to do something stressful (like going to the dentist).

Be well and strong!
I have them too. Actually last week I went to the dentist to get some fillings - no big deal. After the doctor numbed me, we left for about 5 minutes so the meds could work. Out of no where I started sweating, all their voices were getting far away, I was breathing heavy and I couldn't see anything. After about 3 min. it was over and the doctor just missed it. I didn't say anything about it, but he was like telling the nurse to turn up the ac and he said I look flushed.
Anyhow, yeah tell your doctor. I am on xanax that I take before an appt or a nervous or stressful event. I just didn't that day. No big deal and it works. Some have to take it everyday, others don't. Hope this helps! Good luck
you should talk to a doctor (normally i hate it when ppl answer that way but you should) there are different pills to work for you some that you can take every day and some you take as needed first tho you need o find out what trigger the attack to make sure you dont do it again
There's natural stuff you can take and there's drugs. Kava Kava is a good natual choice, but some people need more. I find that if I take my vitamins everyday and exercise and keep my stress level relatively low I limit my attacks. A doctor is going to have to go on drugs all the time and I highly recommend against that. Just take the prescription and take as needed. The drugs will turn you into a shell of yourself. Find something that can calm you down, like a hobby or activity that reduces your stress.
When I had my car accident about 4 years ago they put me on Paxil. yes you do have to take it every day and you won't see any results for about 2 weeks. You should consult your doctor.
Often Panic attacks are a sign of too much stress in your life, but the can also be a symptom of an underlying depression and/or general anxiety disorders. If they are occurring frequently, wake you up short of breath and in a cold sweat; you may need some counseling and medication.
The anti depressants called SSRI's that act on Serotonin have been very beneficial in treating depression and anxiety. Talk to your doctor.
zoloft and clonazepam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net