Saturday, October 31, 2009

Panic attacks??

Okay so i just started having these out of the blue and i have had 2 already today im only 14 years old my dad thinks im faking it and my mom is gone my grandma is the only one who believes me im not lying or pretending these things are awful my heart races and my hands get all shaky I feel as if I can't breathe normally and sometimes i feel dizzy or lightheaded what can i do to convinve me dad that its true??
Answer:
If he is there, have him take your pulse. That might convince him. In the meantime, when you feel this happen, sit down, relax and take SLOW, DEEP breaths. Close your eyes if you can, and picture a place that is calm and happy for you -- maybe the beach lying in the sun or something like that.

These things can be triggered by hormones and shifting levels, so you might be having that happening. They are scary, but not harmful, usually. If they do not get better, try to convince someone to let you talk with a doctor about them.
Vigorous exercise might help. Try to see your school counselor, or better yet, your physician.
Well you should be in school so go see the school nurse or guidance counselor. They will ensure you are taken for treatment.

Homeschooled huh..well i don't normally advocate lying but tell your dad you think you have a yeast infection and need to see the doctor.
Dude, relax, you are having panic attacks.
But the secret is... you cause them and you are the only one that can stop them as well. Trust me, I know. I developed an audio course that teaches you how. Panic attacks will not go away on their own. You need to learn a set of simple skills that will be there when you need them and put you back in control of your life. It's great that you reconize this so early on in life. The sooner you learn how to stop them, the easier your life will be down the road.

Also..

Will you help me start a serious dialog on my new message board for people suffering from Stress and Anxiety?

I have just launched a new message board today. It's for people like you and I who just need a safe place to talk among like minded people who are going through the same thing.
I am trying to create a safe haven for anyone suffering from Anxiety, Stress and Depression and addictions.
Please visit and leave a post... it's free.
http://www.soldieratpeace.org/forums/...

I am really hoping this new message board will become a wonderful knowledge base of support for all those suffering. Please visit and post. This is a great project that could help so many. Thank you.
Steven

Visit my website: http://www.attackanxiety.com
That's sounds exactly like a panic attack!
And if not treated properly they could get worse, and scarier, nothing will happen to you , but your brain for some reason thinks it will!
I would ask your grandmother to talk to your dad and get him to make you a Dr's appt.
If he still doesn't listen talk to a school teacher or counselor and they could set up a meeting with Dad.
In the meantime when one happens , stop and say OK i know what this is, I will be OK slow your self down, and take long deep breaths , and try to release it with each breath. ( make sure not to make those breaths fast because you could hyper ventilate and faint)...
There is probably an underlying cause for this and the goal is to figure out what that is so you can control the panic attacks.
it could be physical or emotional , stress related , a number of things seeing your Dr. is best , and tell Dad it for real ...
Good luck.
You have just pointed out a whole lot of reasons WHY you'd have panic attacks.
The problem with those attacks is that you don't have to be physically doing anything but your mind is still working on the issues.
To "convince" your dad...
When you feel an attack coming on, go sit near him and tell him, "Watch this". Then, when you start breaking out in a sweat, ask him if he knows of anyone that can sweat on command and how can you be faking it.
OMG, Im so sorry I feel bad for you, I just started having anxiety problems at 21 and I couldnt have imagined having them at 14. Has anything major changed in your life recently?! Have you noticed this happening in similar situations? Mine get bad when I am by myself, I can't stay home alone and i have to work with a family member. Believe me I know what you are going through and I am soooooooooo sorry. Tell your father you are depressed and ask him if you can go to a doc, heck lie to him if you have to. Doctors can give you something for this. I was on daily meds at first for this and now I only have to take them occasionally when needed for panic attacks and I am actually doing very well. I dont knw what to tell you to get someone to believe you I didnt have that problem, but I do think that you should go see someone soon, or it will only get worse. If you do finally go to the doc let them know EXACTLY what is going on and when it happens, let them know exactly what is happening around you when you have one, they might can find the trigger. If they put you on medication and it makes you feel funny or you feel like it is not helping LET THEM KNOW, they are already going to be leary about giving you something ue to your age, but beware medication for these types of problems can have BAD complications, but once you find something that works you will be great. Hope all works out well for you, I know how it is. GOOD LUCK! Stay strong, talk to your grandmother as much as possible about this it will help. See if she would be willing to take you to a doc.
I havve too. I am only 13years old so we are on the same boat here. How about you get your doctor to prove it? I know these things are , and they are absolutely horrible. Or you can ay to your dad " Dad we need to talk and this is something serious..." And then you tell him everything from the panic attacks to how, when, and it happens/happened the first time. Or another opnion is to tell your grandma ( since she's the only one who believes you) to talk to you dad? I am really very sorry that this is happening to you!!

Hope your dad believes you!

Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net