Saturday, October 31, 2009

Panic attacks?

I started suffering from panic attacks after a nervous breakdown a year ago. I had no previous history of them, and they are becoming more infrequent. Is it possible for them to go away completely in time?
Answer:
Your attacks might go away one day. You may wake up one day and feel fine and never look back. Or you may still have them but not feel so helpless and can keep yourself calm untill they subside.
I suffered really badly from anxiety and panic attacks. I still get them occasionally but i just make sure i am in a safe place, like sitting down, or leaning on a wall or something if i am out. I just close my eyes, breath deeply and relax. If you can control them like this they should stop being so scary. I used to have attacks because i was scared of having an attack.
I hope this helps. Remember, the worst thing that happens in reality is that you get odd looks if you are sitting on the floor deep breathing in the middle of the high street.
Good luck, I am sure that you will get over them. If they are subsiding you are probably already over the worst.
While panic disorder cannot be prevented, you may be able to prevent or reduce the number of additional panic attacks with proper treatment. Simply avoiding certain situations or places does not guarantee that a panic attack will not occur under new circumstances. In fact, avoiding situations and places where panic attacks have occurred often increases your level of anxiety. You may be able to reduce the severity of future attacks by following home treatment practices such as reducing anxiety and limiting triggers like caffeine and alcohol; by continuing medical treatment and counseling, such as exposure therapy; and by calling a health professional if symptoms recur or get worse.
I have an anxiety issue, and I take medication for it. I took Zoloft for about 3 years because mine would get so bad that I felt like blacking out and fainting, or I was constantly about to throw up.

Medication helps, also, therapists help as well. I am now off my medication and so far, so good.

I pray that it all works out with you.
As with just about any psychological disorder, there is no way to precisely predict the course of your panic disorder. You could go into spontaneous remission one day and never suffer again. The course could continue to deteriorate, with panic attacks becoming more and more frequent or intense. Finally, it could either stable off or lessen. The best option to increase the chances of remission or improvement is to seek professional help. Many people are not cured on their own.
Yes panic attacks can go away, but you'll need to make some changes to your life. Usually, you'd need to take a look at your diet. If you have some of these symptoms, you might want to start with your blood sugar:
Fatigue, insomnia, mental confusion, anxiety, nervousness, mood swings, faintness, headaches, depression, phobias, heart palpitations, a craving for sweets, cold hands and feet, forgetfulness, dizziness, blurred vision, inner trembling, outbursts of temper, sudden hunger, allergies, crying spells
unfortunately it gets worse in time
I too, recently started suffering from panic attacks. The best person to give you the answer to your question is your doctor. I unfortunally, as a 13 year old don't have the answer. But hopefully they will go away completely within time.

Hope you get your answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net