Sunday, October 25, 2009

Only when I'm drinking/drunk do I crave alchohol, is that an alcohol problem?

It's not as if I crave alcohol when I'm sober. In fact, I never think about it, but when I'm drinking it's like I can't stop until the booze runs out and that is a buzz kill! I want more or at least enough to pass out.
Answer:
Yes, that is a drinking problem. Obviously there are worse, but it is still a problem since you are not safe if you are drunk enough to pass out and the world is not safe if you decide to drive in a drunken stupor. Since you do not crave alcohol when sober, you need to decide to stop drinking altogether. Think of it like an allergy. You have a bad reaction and therefore should not do it.
Sounds like you are a binge drinker. Yes it is a problem.
How often do you drink? For what reasons do you drink?

If you drink regularly (daily, weekly) then yeah you are developing a problem. If you just drink to get drunk on occasion then I don't think it's an alcohol problem.
I think you have answered your own question- "Is this a problem?"- "I want at least enough to pass out." Passing out is not normal behavior- its your body's way of saying- Hey knuklehead- stop this. Since you refuse to stop it yourself your body steps in and shuts itself down- like when your computer crashes- and you know you hate it. So why take your body through the same thing?
I don't think you have a problem just yet, but the chances of you developing one are VERY high. If you never think about alcholol then don't drink. I don't ever touch the stuff because I have soooo many family members who are or have been addicted. If you do choose to drink once in awhile, set a limit for youself. Bring a friend and make sure they cut you off after so much. Be careful, the stuff is terrible on you liver. My grandmother died from Liver disease, It was a very painful death. I hope this helps.
you just want to get reallllly high when you drink

dont do it ALL the time .when you do it make sure you are in a safe place like your home or with good friends
Only you can identify yourself as an alcoholic. One of the questions that we ask ourselves is a 'Do we have a problem?' It is not what you drink or how much it is what happens when you do drink. Do you pass out? Drink until there is nothing left or closing time? When you get in trouble have you been drinking ? Does alcohol interfere with you life? Call out from work or school? Not pay your bills? Yes to any of these is a warning sign. the more you answer yes to the greater the chances are that you do have a problem. Look in the white-pages of your phone-book for Alcoholics Anonymous. Give them a call and find out where a meeting is. Try a few. If nothing else it will enable you to save some money and have a damn good time if you decide it is not for you.
You didn't really give a lot of specifics. Sure, it sounds like binge drinking but I can't say for sure if it's a problem or not.

Only you would know that. Does this behavior in some way disrupt your life? If so, then it is a problem and you shouldn't be doing it.

http://www.whatwinnersdo.com is my addiction recovery site where I talk about my drinking and drug problems. *I only drank about once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net