Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pathological friend -- help?

What do I do about a friend who will call you five times in one day? She has no concept of boundaries. What does this kind of behavior typify?? I have told her it is inappropriate. She is bipolar and I am wondering if this is typical for people with bipolar. She seems to think the world revolves around her.
Answer:
yes i am bipolar and that is what i usually do and friends think the same of me as you think of your friend... i wiould usually do it whenever i had an episode.. i felt like i needed to talk to someone.. or whenever i'm in a stressful situation, i tended to want to talk to others and poor out my feelings to them.. i think..it's typical behavior, is she on medication? that really helps...
Hi:
I know someone as you are describing with definite undiagnosed disorders! It is difficult to deal with them I agree. I myself am still searching for why she does it. You must have boundaries with her, but to her there are no boundaries that she cant cross. It is very frustrating.

I am sorry this is really not an answer to your question but what I really wanted to say was that I have extreme BiPolar and when in mania or manic, I still do not cross boundaries.

Take Care and Be Well
She sounds like she's very immature. When she calls more than once, just don't answer the phone. After a while she'll get the hint and move on to someone else that she can call 50 million times a day.
You might be the only one she can turn to. She might need to call and talk to people to help relieve stress, but you're the only one available. The worst thing you could do would be to try and get her to stop, because then who could she trust? The best thing is probably to introduce her to some other people that she can call on. If you're the only one, then she's calling you five times a day, but if there's two people she can talk to, then she'll only need to call you two and a half times a day.
Find out if she is taking her medication or just turn the phone off.
Clingy. Type in Dependant Personality Disorder into google and read up on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net