Sunday, October 25, 2009

Olanzapine.anyone tried it?

My doctor has just taken me off carbamazapine and prescribed Olanzapine, but the side effects are weight gain, has anyone experience this, please help x
Answer:
I have used it.
It is fast acting
I used it for Schizophrenia.
It causes severe weight gain in some people while other people on it only gain a few pounds.
Eli Lilly settled a clash action lawsuit against Zyprexa (Olanzapine). It would seem it gave 29,000 people in the U.S.A. diabetes.
ok the side effects are of increased appetitie and weight gain YES but if you choose to eat healthy options rather than reaching for junk options you should be fine. I have seen many people use olanzapine and this is what I recommend.
Zyprexa works very well and is fast acting, although does carry the weight gain side effects. I take it as a PRN (as needed) and took it every day for at least a week (it was a year ago). It changed the way my body metabolized food and within a month I had gained 20 pounds, which I have yet been able to lose. I take it maybe once every 3 months now, only if I'm super bad and need something immediately. If you have concerns about the weight gain, you need to talk to your doctor. There are other mood stabilizers that work well and don't cause the same weight gain (specifically Lamictal, which is what I take).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net