Sunday, October 25, 2009

OK...How weird/crazy is it to talk to yourself? Sometimes I get caught and it's so embarassing. I admit,?

I have entire conversations with myself as if someone else is there...I even get emotional, depending on the subject matter. I snap out of it and know I'm by myself. But how common vs. weird is it?
Answer:
That's not weird. I do that too, in fact, almost everyone does. It's embarrassing when you get caught, yes I found a way to make mine look less noticeable. Sometimes I pretend that I am talking on my cell, just in case someone happens to sneak upon me.
Yep, lots of people talk to themself in one way or another. Whether it's a simple statement like "Where did I put my car keys", or a full converse. Studies show that when you hear yourself say it and let your emotions out, no matter how or whom you say it to, your stress levels will reduce. It's the logic of it.
Seek help.
My DH talks to himself when he's mad..and he just did it today. I guess it's better than him kicking stuff and putting holes in the wall.
Its normal to talk to yourself..
However if your answering yourself.
You need to talk with someone cause it could be a mental disorder that needs to be treated quickly before it gets worse.
it's a little weird, ok maybe it's very weird. just don't answer yourself. if you do, you may need some serious help. go see a psychiatrist. please, they can talk out all your problems, and help you solve them.
I don't know, but I have the same problem. My dad talks to himself too so it's probably genetic.
I've noticed people usually do it more when they are under more stress than normal.
If someone catches you doing just say with a smile "Was I saying that out loud? Sorry..." works for me.
You shouldn't be doing it for like 50 % of your day but i think 5% or 10% is normal.
Try writing stuff down before you go to bed at night. It seems to help "empty" thoughts onto paper and you'll be less likely to talk out loud when you do that more.
I think talking to your self if pretty common, not sure baout answering yourself. maybe see a doctor or someone just ot make sure.
I talk to myself in the car. I think it is normal as long as you are aware of yourself doing it and you are not talking to people who are not really there
ill ask myself something like "Aubrey do you feel like robbing the neighbors of their dynamite and lawn gnomes?" and sometime ill answer"Nah Mrs.Bee only has a kilo" but i don't get emotional that's just weird...isn't it Aubrey?
i also talk to myself in such a manner...this is simple neurotic behaviour (neurosis a term for inner psychic conflicts) which many people engage in...now, if you answer yourself that is something different...you are not schizophrenic as you are aware of what you are doing and you feel ashamed by it sometimes...there is no reason why you should seek help if it doesn't affect your daily life...expressing your inner dialogue to yourself is really no big deal...
You and another 6.68 billion people, don't feel special.
I often speak to myself, which can be really embarrassing sometimes but don't recall having entire conversations with myself. If you are worried, i would just go to the doctors and explain whats going on.
My mother claims that she does it for two good reasons...

She is able to have a good talk with an intelligent person ..AND .. she is able to listen to an intelligent person -- at the same time.

Personally, weighing an issue by "sounding it through" is a good way to determine a solution to a problem. Most of life's problems have more than one perspective... it seems that you are well versed in identifying more than one perspective of an issue. It suggests that you are capable of empathy and probably sensitive to the feelings of other people. That is a good quality. As a matter of fact, if you believe that you are capable to carry a secret for someone else... you would probably be an ideal candidate to study law. Arguments are a very important part of what they do. Determining angles or other perspectives enables them to anticipate questions and responses during trial proceedings or during negotiations on behalf of others.

Forgive yourself for talking to yourself...some professions prohibit sharing information due to confidentiality requirements... talking through your problems is better than doing "nothing" about your problems .. or complicating your situation by sharing intimate information that may or may not be held in confidence.
Everyone does it, and I call it thinking out loud...we all do it and look a little nutty..but sometimes, we just vocalize it out loud, without thinking...and it is embarassing isn't it? LOL
Yes I do it a lot, and sometimes i answer back the odd time. I think if you continue doing it all Day long every Day than you have a Problem that you need to sort out. Maybe you are lonely and need the company of others to keep you Happy in yourself.You should try to meet People join a Club of some kind . Perhaps try and seek Professionell help from youre Doctor if it dosent stop.
Hey, I do that, too!
=D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net