Sunday, October 25, 2009

Opinions, Advice, Recommendations??

Hi

I was just wondering...

When you answer a question or post and opinions, advice, idea's anything...when the question relates to a medication(s), why do some answers have a particular name of a medication as if it was being recommended to the questioner?
Answer:
well I don't think a pharmaceutical representative would be so bold to promote a drug here but hey one never knows ...
I guess if I am taking something and it works well I want others to know that but if I am taking something and I read someone is taking it currently and have issues with it or just to let them know to be aware of the said drug.
The other day a parent that is expecting was sharing that due to her pregnancy she can't continue her medicine that worked well for her during her allergies and was sharing that it worked really well and what she is currently taking that works just as well too.
Not sure if I am being helpful.

My pharmacist told me when I had a certain side effect that I didn't know it was that I stopped taking it and my Doctor wasn't that seriously convinced that I Should've stopped it. I guess I am grateful to the pharmacist that let me know what was going on with me when I shared what was happening and couldn't figure it out and was told Side EFFECT...oh nut...take something to help something and get something else in return for it oh shucks..
Good question :D
If I have had experience with a particular medication I will name it so I have a reference point. Not pushing the pills just how they affected me.
More than likely because the person answering is familiar with the medication and had good results from using it and so is recommending based on positive experience. The one seeking a answer can then check out the medication and if its a over the counter medication would still talk to the Pharmacist esp if you are already taking other medication or have a health condition and also keep in mind that everbodys system is not the same so success that someone else had is not guaranteed. If in doubt make a appointment with your Primary Care Physician(Family Doctor) and discuss for basically he/she is the very best authority on Medications -even over the counter meds.
There are trade names that a company lables their medication to suit the sound of your problem and generic names that is the non propretary name for the pharmaceutical perparation and one that you can find internationally. The generic name will be on all your drugs and the trade name in bold on the same drug. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net