Saturday, October 31, 2009

Parents and stress?

My parents keep telling me to do my homework before it is due... but before like a week befor its due! and they keep holding me inside and prevent me from seeing my friends... i can't leave the premises for another day... ive gone crazy once alredy today. i have 3 big assignments and theyre all due on friday so what should i do should i tell then to bug off and let me do it or tell them to keep pressureing me into finishing it early?

from

cole
Answer:
Your parents are trying to get you to do things ahead for good reason. It is a sign of maturity for one thing. For another, if something special comes up that you'd like to do, you still can if you have done your homework ahead of time instead of waiting for the laslt minute.

What should you do?
Set a schedule... do the one you like least first. Once that's done, do the next one. Save the best for last.

Telling your parents to "bug off" would only show:
1) they are right to worry about how you fail to plan ahead
2) you're immature and need lots of direction.

Doing it so you have one finished every other day starting with Sunday would show your parents:
1) they don't need to worry about how you'll do at school and in life
2) you're becoming more mature.

So the choice is yours ... and
the choice is "do I act mature and responsible and get this out of the way" -or-
"do I act like the defiant toddler and insist on waiting till the last minute so I can show them I'm in control by doing a poor report on all three"
i am a parent and we never give in. just do, get it over and get the heck out of their face. it works for me son and we usually don't grip after that. until it is time for his funky behind to shower and he wants to wait
Regardless of what you think, your parents are concerned about your education. External stimulus can take away from your concentration on your studies. Why not just do the assignments and I would be willing to bet that once they are complete you can see your friends. Procrastination only puts off the inevitable. Do it and get it over with for goodness sakes.
start working on them and tell your parents that you can handle it (not in a disrespectful way), then do it. once they see you can handle things on your own they should loosen up and get off your back...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net