Saturday, October 31, 2009

Paxil is leaving me sleepy and lathargic, how about you?

I've been real moody and quick tempered lately so I've been given paxil 25cr and feel sleepy and uninterested in exercise or hanging out. I am however more easy going and patient. When reducing to paxil 12.5, i'm more alert, but my PMS takes over again. Please help.
Answer:
Talk to your doctor about switching to another medication. That usually does the trick. I've taken different kinds of anti depressants and never had any problems, some just worked better than others. Medicines affect people differently. There's also some bi-polar medications like Seroquel and Abilify that help out moods, but I never could take them because it made me too lethargic. I always thought that Paxil was more for people who had panic disorder and anxiety. It's still an anti-depressant, but my doctor told me some help out more for specific things. I thought I had recently heard about a medication that was specifically for those symptoms of PMS. If your doctor decides to try you on something new, ask if he/she has any samples. That way you can try it first.
ITS EITHER TO STRONG OR U NEED SOMETHING DIFERANT FOR DEPRESSION CALL YOURE DR. SHE CAN GIVE SOMETHING DIFERANT OVER THE PHONE EVEN CALL IT IN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO GO PICK IT UP
I was on Paxil CR, and I won't go back! It made me feel really wierd, I was more depressed and moody when I was on it. I have had no luck with anti-depresants yet.. I hope you and your doctor can find what is right for you, I haven't been that lucky yet. Good Luck!
I think you should consider speaking to your doctor about switching to another antidepressant. When I was on Citalopram/Celexa, I was also very sleepy and it was awful.

Prozac is more stimulating, and helps enormously with PMS.

The whole point of an antidepressant is that you're meant to have MORE, not less energetic! Speak to your doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net