Saturday, October 31, 2009

Panic attacks..please help!?

How can I avoid panic attacks and overcome them? Has anyone ever overcome panic attacks and no longer has them? If so how? Also why do I usually have a lot of panic attacks during my period? Please help, I hate having them. They make me depressed and they make me feel like I am going crazy. What can I do to stop them?
Answer:
It's hard to overcome this on your own, until you know the reason for your panic attacks you will keep having them. Go to your doctor, either they will track the symptoms or put you on an antidepressant and suggest seeing a therapist. I can't tell you exactly what the doctor will do but you need to see one to get the results you want. Good luck!
I suffered from paniac attacks about 8 years ago. I got off the caffeine and only drink limited amounts. I talked to my doctor and made sure that I didn't have mitral valve prolapsa (I spelled this wrong but it sounds like I wrote) because those who have this are at risk of high paniac attacks.

When I did have them, I talked myself through them. I told myself, "I'm not going to die, I'm not going to die, I can do this". A grad school professor of mine told me that the worst fear of people who suffer from this is that they are going to die and not one person has died yet from a panic attack.

I would strongly advise to see what your triggers are, use some skills such as distracting yourself, and watch out for the coffee/tea/pop items.
i suffered from panic attacks a few years ago. i did talk myself down as well, but it was more like yelling things like, "knock it the f*ck off, im gonna be ok." LOL sad, but true. cut back on sodas and sugars and go see your doctor, thats what they are there for.
Stop being so negative and panicky. No one likes losers who are anxious and negative all the time. Just relax and chill out when you are panicked. If you don't like something then change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net