Saturday, October 31, 2009

Parallel eating disorder?

This is my problem:
I think of foods to cook
i think of foods to eliminate
i think of calorie intake
i think of self control so i dont indulge in junk
i look through cook books atleast 3 times a day
~ food IS my hobby
What has it done?
It lasts a week before i begin eating more and more slowly and slowly, then one day i burst and eat literally everything in my cupboard. I may have a obsessive-compulsive disorder, im not sure.
I am genuinly a possative person, not a happy person but possative. I am not a pathetic teenage delinquient trying to loose weight i dont have, i am 10 kilos over weight and have back pain.
If you have anything about expirience, or how i can tranfer my indulgence for food for something else please help, this is my last year at school and at the moment food its my first priority, it needs to be school.
Answer:
Sorry to disagree with the professional but it is more likely that you are a binge eater or compulsive over-eater and are addicted to food. You might try consulting a psychiatrist for medication to help the obsessions and unhappiness. You should consult a psychotherapist that is experienced in eating disorders (not one who is obsessed with her weight too like so many women). You might try attending Over-eaters Anonymous meetings. Find something you enjoy, maybe not as much as food, but that you enjoy. Do it instead of food. Throw out the cookbooks, buy one meal at a time, no leftovers, nothing in the cupboard, throw it out. I hope this helps.
honey it does sound like ocd and binge eating...i would seek some help more in the area of behavioral modification therapy and also for depression..i think you may be a little depressed, and its okay nothing to feel ashamed about..i to went through the same issues with food and weight loss where it just consumed me and i did what im suggesting to you, i also am in the field of mental health and help young women everyday like yourself...there may be deeper issues going on than you may realize...go talk to someome i assure you that it will help..contact me if you like

psych. mental health nurse practioner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net