Saturday, October 31, 2009

Paxil and moodiness?

Paxil is the only med ive tryed that helps control my panic attack but i swear while im on it im so moody. i have no paitence and i get angery over nothing. what should i do? ive asked my dr they have no other opions for me bc ive tryed all other ssris and they dont work for my panic disorder.
Answer:
Maybe you should talk to your doctor about putting you on a mild tranquilizer. Right now I'm on Cymbalta and generic Xanax. Seems to work with me..But when I told my doctor about having moodiness he also put me on birth control as well. Hm.
Paxil should keep you from have any mood problems so you need to get off of it and try something else.
Try Lexapro
Seroquel + Zoloft = Happy
try counting to 10

or yoga/meditation

or relaxation program
I would make an "I am moody" shirt and wear it when you take your Paxil. I would buy that shirt if you sell it.
I had mood swings on Effexor and now I'm on and NDRI i think its called. Anyway it's a different type from Paxil. It's Wellbutrin that I take everyday. It has the same effects for me as Effexor had but without the mood swings.
I was on welbutrain and the same thing happened to me it was like i was a crazy woman, i could not control my anger. I knew how i was acting but its like i couldn't stop.My doctor took me off of it and said i no longer needed it. I have only had 3 panic attacks in the last 2 years. But i am in no way shape or form telling you to go off your meds. This is something that you really need to set down with your doctor and tell him about until he understands.
Be very careful weaning yourself off paxil, if you decide to switch to something else...I literally had to take an exacto knife and whittle away just a little bit more of each tablet each dose, or else I had horrible dizziness, tremors and jolting brain zaps...I would never take this scary medication again, jmo...it turned me into an uncaring zombie-like person with no emotions while I was on it, and it made me gain 20 lbs in a month...all I did was sit around, like a catatonic person almost. Bad stuff. Celexa worked great for me, but then it just stopped working. I decided not to go with any prescription meds after that but just try diet, exercise, yoga, meditation, herbs, stress reduction instead and I feel much better doing things this way.
how long have you been on the Paxil? If you are new to it, then it will cause moodiness. However don't stop taking it cold turkey or you will go downhill fast. I recommend either talking to a psychiatrist ( I had to do this ) or seeking a second opinion from a different doctor.
I have been taking paxil for 11 years with no problems, weight gain ect...but the doctor added clonazapam to it right away as he knows it causes moodiness and i have been fine, speak to your doctor and tell him what is going on, i am sure he will help you out...
SSRIs don't work for a lot of people. But there are several newer antidepressants that deal with anxiety.

Effexor is one; you might not feel too good on it for the first few weeks; I didn't. But if you get the dose right, it's very effective. My dose had to be increased three times before it started working - so if you take this, do stay in touch with your doctor and keep checking back with them if you don't feel any better.

There's also Cymbalta, another antidepressant; like Effexor, it's an SNRI, it works on two neurotransmitters, as opposed to the SSRIs which only work on one.

There's also Wellbutrin; if you take this be sure that your doctor increases the dose gradually. In higher doses it's linked with risk of seizure.

If you haven't yet been seen by a psychiatrist, get an appointment with one; they are the experts with medications and they will evaluate you properly. You don't need to worry about the SSRIs - they prove ineffective for lots and lots of people!

NOTE: if you do opt for the Effexor, remember that it must NOT ever be stopped abruptly, because of withdrawal problems. It must be stopped very, very gradually.
have you seen the ads on tv for paxil,lots of problems with it,
didn't work for me at all for anything.ask your dr. to try a
different medication like zoloft or maybe some other medica-tion might work.if your dr.doesn't have any other opinions time
to change dr's,i did several times. also try therapy,there are
some good ones%26bbad ones.therapy%26medication helps a lot.
good therapist are hard to find.GOOD LUCK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net