Saturday, October 31, 2009

Panic Attacks?

I usually get like a physical symptom or physiological one which then sets me to be anxious and worried that I will die which brings fort my attack or maybe feeling week. I am 15 years old so like does this eem familiar? If so how do you deal with it other than therapy?
Answer:
I have suffered with panic attacks since the age of 17, what I have learned is you need to figure out what puts you in panic mode. What helped me is that I just fought it, kept doing whatever made me get into those panic modes. Now I barely have them %26 when I do have them it does not even bother me anymore. Good luck
GO TELL YOUR PARENTS NOW OR IN A FEW MINUTES WAKE THEM UP IF YOU HAVE TO
You wont die.lol.but you will go into depression. Talk to someone you trust because you probably got alot on your mind. I used to go to a therapist when I was in high school but I was lucky cause my therapist knew me since I was a baby. Talk to someone and if you dont wanna do that, take a piece of paper and write down whats wrong and write how you can make it better. I had a journal to track that I was gettin better..
You really need to get help. Tell someone about this as soon as possible. In the meantime, realize that you are young and it is not likely that you will die anytime soon. Humans are actually quite strong, and some have even fought cancer.
Panic attacks are a common occurrence among many people all over the world, including young adults as well.

The symptoms you describe, feeling like you will die or feelings of going insane or losing control, along with physical symptoms like palpitations and increased heart rate, are all part of panic attacks.

I've had minor ones myself, but have learned to control them.

Drugs may be an option for you, but since you are young, many may have undesired and harmful side-affects.

A psychological "condition" is nothing to be ashamed of. Its just part of who you are.Therapy helps a lot of people and may help you reduce the chance of another panic attack.

For me what helps best is to know that whatever is happening is happening, and by accepting it rather than trying to stop and reject it, it tends to be a lot less traumatic and begins to subside quicker. I know its hard to keep a straight mind when a panic attack occurs, and the whole world seems like its falling apart, but just try to accept whatever is happening, and listen to some comforting music and relax. Just know it will end soon and its alright.

If it ever happens some place like school (which it happened to me once), just accept it and take a walk through the hall. Moving is always a good therapeutic device as well.

Hope this helps!
If your panic attacks start to get more severe (like you can't breathe, or you pass out) you should probably talk to a doctor about it even though therapy doesn't seem like an option for you. I sometimes have panic attacks but I'm able to calm myself down (as stupid as it sounds) by just focusing on telling myself I'm okay and breathing.
I use to have panic attacks. They were the worst thing I have ever gone through. I mean. how many times can a person die? It seems like I was spending all my time in the ER and then feeling foolish.

You seem rather young for a panic attack. Do your parents know about them?

I also suffer from depression and that doesn't help. I haven't had one in years.

You must see a therapist preferably one that has a good knowledge of these attacks. It is possible that all you will need is the proper medication. If you go the medication route you could have difficulties for a while until your therapist finds the right combination and dosages of meds.

Is there anyone else in your family who has them. In some cases they are hereditary.

Don't try to handle them by yourself. See someone. I have never found a way to stop an attack once one began.

Good luck.
Do they come out of nowhere, or are they brought on by something? I have found that my symptoms (more anxiety than panic, though) come when my mind is left to wander. Like, if I'm trying to get to sleep and my heart races, I turn on the TV and the symptoms go away. I am only affected when I am really stressed out over work or something else that has me stressed, so I haven't had any professional help/therapy or meds. However, if it is really affecting your quality of life, see your doctor. There are lots of ways, other than therapy, to explore. But, if they don't do the trick, don't rule therapy out. Seeing a therapist doesn't make you crazy...it makes you smart for dealing with your problems before they become too big to deal with.
I have suffered from panic attacks for many years now. I get the physical and mental crap that come along with them. What I do is breathing patterns. When you feel the panic attack coming try doing some breathing patterns until you find the one that works for you. You might need to find a secluded place and it might take a few try to find the one that works for you, but it will. Also when you are doing the breathing patterns, try and think of relaxing good times in your life or relaxing thoughts. If you are able to just clear your mind that would work too. Good luck.
I had terrible panic attacks when I was your age. Talking about it with other people will help but I don't really think therapy is a cure. The good news is that it almost always disappears as you get older. Mine only lasted a couple years.

Instead of therapy to find out what's causing it (a big maybe) you're better off learning to relieve the symptoms. If you're like most people you probably have breathing problems when you feel anxious. You can learn to control your breathing and that will help a lot.

But be careful what you read on the web. There's a lot of bogus breathing advice out there, stuff that will make you feel worse!

The answer is not "deep breathing". That causes hyperventilation. The right way is slowly and gently. Check out the website below in the resources box for good instructions and an online demo you can listen to.
I'm 18. I first started having panic attacks when I was 17 and they would usually occur after I smoked marijuana. I was at a point where I was having panic attacks everyday and constantly worrying about having another one, or if my life would ever be normal. About a month ago I realized however that worrying about panic attacks and anxiety is NOT going to help me. You have to accept your fear and realize that all it is is just fear, and cannot hurt you. I remembered what my life was like before panic attacks and why it was that way. Try not to dwell on negative thoughts, distract yourself, and when you feel like you are panicking, remember: How many times have I felt like this before and I turned out fine?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net