Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Please help me...I'm so sad I can't function?

I don't know what's wrong with me. I know that I'm perfectly normal and attractive and fun and smart...but I feel so down. Like I can't do anything. Even walking into the store is cause for panic. I can't afford therapy, but I need help. Do you know what I can do? Is there a website where I can talk to someone? Any activities I can do at home? I just want to get better. Please...
Answer:
First, try relaxing. Take a half hour everyday to yourself, find a quiet spot (no TV, no phone) and think about what the problem is. Next set one goal for yourself to accomplish that day. Something small, at first, like get bread and cat food at the store. Write it down, and go do it. When it is done, post it next to your quiet spot. If you feel like it, set a second goal for the day..

The panic is some sort of fear.maybe fear of failing, or something silly. Simply thinking about it on a daily basis, and accomplishing some small goal should make this disappear in just a few days.

Make sure you are eating and sleeping properly. A simple diet change can affect mood also...eat some veggies, and fruit every day for awhile...whatever you like, but try to include something with potassium in it like a banana. Get a little exercise everyday, and get your 8 hours of sleep.

Hope this helps,
Rick

p.s. my I-M on yahoo is i8thr2, but not on much anymore...too busy accomplishing things in my life to spend all day in front of my computer.
See the local Department of Social Services and they will guide you on how to see a psychiatrist at lowered cost or for free.
Start with what you eat. if these are you symptoms, you might have low blood sugar.
Fatigue, insomnia, mental confusion, anxiety, nervousness, mood swings, faintness, headaches, depression, phobias, heart palpitations, a craving for sweets, cold hands and feet, forgetfulness, dizziness, blurred vision, inner trembling, outbursts of temper, sudden hunger, allergies, crying spells
http://hypoglycemia.org/hypo_test.asp...
Go see your doctor, ask him if you can take lexa pro. It helped me.
You sound like you have depression my dear. Sometimes I liken depression as an irrational belief that I am not handsome or smart or of value when I know I am those things. I used to have depression for a long time before I was successfully treated by medication and psychotherapy. At my worst point in June 2000, I'd spend my day in an upstairs loft, in the dark, sleeping my life away, and living on coffee and potato chips - for one whole month. Please get some help and get better.
I*m not well versed in medical terminology...but I have been where you are at, and periodically still suffer with this. I found that my local *Mental Health Center* offers therapy BASED ON MY INCOME, and this has helped...just someone to talk to who is unbiased, but my greatest help has been all of the ByeDr.com family. All I do is go to work and come home, to be alone day after day. Seemed like there was never anyone to share a phone call with, a glass of tea, or even a walk around the park. I felt I was missing out on life, and had no reason to want to get up the next day and repeat the cycle. Although I don*t know anyone of you personally, just knowing that you will be here when I can get online has been an answer to prayer and offered the solution to my lonliness and despair. Writing letters to an unknown source that consists of what you are feeling helps. I sew alot of baby quilts (embroidered tops and hand quilted...or a animated top quilted)just because babies are such happy and joyous occassions. Eventually I*ll run across someone who is expecting and I*ll have a gift ready. My happiest moments come from giving others some happiness and joy.
The first thing to remember is that you are not alone. There are many support groups out there on the net if you do not feel ready to talk to family yet. Try depression alliance and mind - 2 excellent organisations who will send to you information on such feelings and will suggest ways to help you to improve at home - this may seem a bizarre thing to say but what you eat is so so so important in raising your mood. Avoid sugary food and caffeine - and alcohol. I know i is tempting to drink to escape yourself but it is serious mood depressor. You will also find that yahoo groups are an excellent way to get support regularly.

I use meditation to help me relax - I know - sounds hippyish- and I took an awful lot of convincing, but I swear by it. This costs nothing - use the net to find tips on simple breathing techniques and relaxation. Again organisations like mind can help with this.

Finally - write down exactly how you feel - warts and all!! No one has to read it but it could help in terms of getting the negative thoughts out of your system. I do this EVERY DAY and it does help.

Try to be kind to yourself - you are clearly having a rough time at the moment. And remember there are people who understand. you may be able to afford therapy but other sufferers are out there to talk to and help.

I wish you better soon and hope this has been some use.
Almighty God is your Helper. God loves you and you are precious to Him. Come to Him with genuine repentance of your sins, and faith. He can give you a wonderful life of joy, peace, and meaning, through Christ who died on the Cross to save us from condemnation and qualifying us to Heaven.
This life is short and uncetain; eternity is forever without end. Never, never, miss Heaven for anything of this troubled world. Best wishes for happiness and Heaven!
i am self have felt the way you have. you should go see a doctor about it, you might find it hard to tell a complete stranger what you are going threw but they have heard it before and it the best place to start. i just went to a doctor a month back and i told him want i was going threw and he gave me some medicine. the medicine help me control my emotions so i can function better and enjoy life a bit more.
Hott, It sounds like you have gotten all of the advice that you need and I have been in your shoes as well. I fight depression everyday myself and I have a great life. Listen to any advice that you get, not only will it keep you busy but it will put a useful smile on your face knowing that everyone cares enough to answer your question. Good luck and if you need a friend e-mail or I M me. I am here at least four hours a day throughout the day. I hope this helps and Smile god loves you! Claire
Relax and talk to friends. You probably have anxiety. Something in your life is bothering you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net