Tuesday, May 25, 2010

People who suffered from depression?

How did you get rid of your depression and how long were you depressed? i am just wondering. i am suffering from depression and am just wondering how many people have an how they are doing now. feel free to share any stories. 10 points to best. i promise. thanks for everything.
Answer:
sorry to hear about your depression. What you have to understand first and foremost, is that it is an illness, and can be treated. I suffered really badly after having my children, but really hit me hard after my husband left. Anti depressesants work for some, but not for me. I took all my frustrations out through sport! Worked a treat!! Used to imagine somebodies face that had really upset me, on the end of a shuttlecock!! Won so many competions last year bec of it!! Dont give up. Dont deny what you have, but learn to live with it, and especially, how to handle it! Which ever way makes you feel good!! BELIEVE me.. power of the mind works wonders.. Wishing you all the best, and DONT let it get to you. Even when you think there is no one there for you.. THERE IS!! XX
still have it, and take meds for it
i wish my name was delilah - I suffered from severe depression for several years. I did therapy (don't really think that helped much).

On my own, this is what I learned about depression and also what helped:

Depression can have many causes: mental (what you are thinking), emotional (too many blocked emotions) and physical (an inactive lifestyle). To work through your depression you need to work on all levels.

MENTAL - According to Richard Carlson, author of "You Can Be Happy No Matter What," most people think happiness is conditional and outside of themselves or expect that it is a fleeting feeling based on the events in their lives or their circumstances. They don't realize that their happiness is inside of them IN THE MOMENT.

According to Carlson, most people are unhappy because most of their thinking is negative. Negative thinking IN THE MOMENT leads to a negative feeling IN THE MOMENT which leads to a negative mood. Then the negative mood leads to a negative feeling in the moment which leads to more negative thinking in the moment. It becomes a viscous circle.

The reverse is also true. Positive thinking in the moment leads to positive feelings in the moment which leads to a positive mood.

The trick is not to try to feel better or think positively, the trick is to think positive thoughts and to FEEL GOOD. When I feel down, I don't try to change what I'm thinking/feeling, I just DELIBERATELY start thinking positive thoughts about things I like..

When you start to think or feel negative, STOP THINKING ABOUT WHATEVER YOU ARE THINKING and DELIBERATELY start thinking about things that make you happy. You have to make a deliberate effort. I just say things to myself like "I like the song Forever Young by Rod Stewart, I like chocolate chip cookies, I like the movie French Kiss" By changing my focus I immediately change my feelings and then my thoughts automatically go back to positive. You might want to make a "Happy" list and carry it with you for those times when negative thoughts/feelings get the best of you.

EMOTIONAL - Every day we all feel many different emotions. Emotions are just ENERGIES IN MOTION in our bodies. Emotions are meant to be FELT and RELEASED. In America, we are taught that emotions are weak and so most people ignore or downplay their emotions.

Every time you don't allow yourself or you aren't allowed to fully experience an emotion, to feel it, and to move through it, the energy of that emotion becomes stopped and blocked in your body. It remains blocked until you go back and re-experience that emotion. Then the energetic block is freed and cleared. Virtually all of our physical ailments come from energetic blocks in our bodies, energetic patterns that are connected to our emotional patterns

When emotions are blocked for a long time, your body shuts down emotionally and you get numb (depressed). You feel tired and have no interest in anything.

One good way to release blocked emotions is by using EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) or Emotional Tapping. In EFT you apply gentle acupressure tapping to specific body points to release blocked emotions. EFT is easy to learn (you can learn the basics in 15-30 minutes). You can use EFT anytime, anywhere for any emotional or physical issue. One basic round of EFT takes about one minute to complete. EFT works quickly and painlessly.

Please download the FREE EFT Instructional manual from the EFT website (www.emofree.com).

PHYSICAL - If you are a person who doesn't exercise on a regular basis, your body gets "Stale" and you feel tired and lethargic. Taking a brisk 15 minute walk every day will do wonders to improve your mood. Exercise releases endorphins, which are natural mood elevators into the bloodstream, which makes you feel GOOD.
well i had a stroke in November of 2006 and i had depression really bad and thinking of suicide for days.

till i started thinking of my life and my kids.

i read my bible 3 times a day. exercise and talk to my wife someone i love dearly. she taught me that life is precious and how death will ruin my family's life i did took it away.

you can knock that depression out of your mind just get out and enjoy life and family that truly love you and talk about it.

don't let it eat up up inside. cause your precious and people out there love you and need you.

think before you act and get your self esteem back and be strong.

and good luck

from the staff of http://www.boeafitness.com
baby girl, i am 32 and have had it since 14. it's not so bad and meds help, but some people have it worse than others. you got to know your highs and lows and make sure you have people you can talk to and love you. it takes a real man to deal with a woman like this and also doing yoga, eating well, and getting plenty of light and taking your meds and some light counseling can help. excersise is good cause it releases hormones trhat help with depression. depression can happen or it can be genetic. still a structured way of life is good. music and art can help as well.
First off there are 2 types of depression, medical disorders, and high stress levels. Unfortunatly, I know all about depression, enough to drive me to a suicidal state, more then once. But you know what helped me the most? Dancing. Now, I'm not saying go dance (though it is fun) But i found an activity that helps me, something I enjoy doing. Also, talking to people, friends family or counselors are all great resources to help, as well as medication. However, with medicine, it might take a long time to find the right one. I have tried over 7 different pills, and am on 2 right now. For most people depression goes away once you find a way to get rid of it, its wont last forever, good luck! :)
I have not been able to get rid of my clinical depression. Been through therapy and different meds without success. However, it is not as bad as it use to be. I'm functionally much better but there is tinge of it still there. Depression is so self-destructive. If you don't do anything about it the quality of your life is so poor. I didn't want to do anything, go anywhere, afraid of going anywhere (also have panic disorder). It was hard on my family. Just didn't want to do anything. It was tough as you know. It won't go away by itself either. It's affects never really hit me until I was in my early 30s. My doctor says that I had been depressed since I was 12, which explains a lot of my inner feelings during that period of time. My doctor could understand how I was able to function at such a high level. I don't know either when I found more about depression.
It's not something to be ashamed of either. Psychiatrist say that at least 10% of the WORLD's population suffer from form of depression. There are a lot of closet depressives out there. Don't be one.
the way i got rid of my depression was i was put on anti depression medication and seeing a therapist once a week . mine lasted about a year. mine started when my husband was working alot of hours and i never saw him. i was home by myself every day and every night. i was working part time during the day ,but later on it was really getting to me. this is the second time that i had depression it was when i was with an ex boyfriend at the time before i met my husband that i had it then. i am no longer depress the meds i don't need any more because my husband saw how it was affecting me and got his hours change at his job. i don't need a therapist any more it did really help me talking about my problems while i was depress when it was happening to me.
Had depression since high school, still having it at postgraduate university. Got therapy, got hospitalized and think will never get rid of it.
It never goes away.
still have it and on light medication.
i want to try hypnotherapy, i think it will work.
I personally don't believe I suffer from Depression because I don't get depressed that often, but when I do, it's bad.

I was in 10th grade when I found out I have Depression. I thought it was a personality flaw. Thank god it isn't. I failed 4 classes that year and I haven't had a good year since then. I failed most of my classes in 11th grade and I have to have a document from my psychiatrist saying he's treating me for Depression/Anxiety. My school wouldn't grant me an attendance appeal (For credit) because they didn't have the document saying I do have Depression.
The only way I found of easing depression was medication. My depression lasted two and a half years; it developed gradually and I tried many natural remedies to treat it; nothing worked.

I've always been totally against taking pills, but I've realised I was not necessarily right; antidepressants are WONDERFUL and I am so relieved that they manage to reduce depression.
I was dianosed with Bipolar as known as Manic drepression.
My mother has the same condition, since she was dianosed sooner I began to get books on this subject, looking it up on the internet and realized this condition could be dangerous without good treatment. So I began to seek a professoinal and they gave me blood test and perscribe some medication, and I went to a phycholigist to help moniter my condition now this started to add up in expense then I did not want any part of it, then I started to realize after some more reading and have a relapse of the condition I started to repeat the same systems of depression and up and downs like spending uncontrolling thinking of wied ideas that would not make any sense to the healthy person to do. I began to get back on the treatment plan as before and am now living a normal life. Holding a job down doing all the things that I once was interested in before, all because I am taking care of myself the way the professionals have suggested for me and I also patience with myself and have come to peace and to terms with my condition.
weed cures depression
i am a 51 year old male i got really depressed when i was 27 i went to a mental health center and stayed there about a month. i was depressed because my ex-wife dumped me when i was 20. going back to where she worked when i was on jury duty triggered her memory, for 7 years i was drinking and was ok then i just fell apart thinking about her.the doctor gave me anti-psychotic and anti-depressant meds and xanax.when i was released from the mental health center i felt alot better. since then i think i have had a somewhat normal life with the everyday problems that everyone has. i tried to get off my meds a few times during the 24 years i have been on them but my depression came back big time so i have stayed on them. i am not always happy but who is? i'm sure everyone has problems they don't talk about, a depressed person may think they are alone in their sadness but i think there are many people everyday going through tough times. for me the meds have been a big part of the solution for my depression, i hope you find a solution for your depression too, good luck to you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net