Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Petit mal seizures.. i think i have them??

Okay so sometimes i space out in school and feel like woah why am i here it feels so strange to be here and it happens a lot i hate it it makes me feel so wierd and scared i had epilepsy when i was younger i grew out of it now im fourteen is it possible i have petit mal seizures? its like the only thing i cant focus on is what im doing its like whenever i look or stare at something for a while i get it its so strange please, please help me??
Answer:
I, too, suffered from epilepsy as a child and grew out of it. As you know, petit mal is the less severe of seizures.

It sounds like it could be that you are having petit mal, but only a doctor can diagnose it. When was the last time you had an EEG? Do you get an "aura" before them (seeing weird things), or what you could be having is the aura itself that sometimes denotes the onset of a grand mal seizure.

My advice is to tell your parents what is happening. They can take you to the doctor, who will in all likelihood recommend an EEG (brain wave test).

Good luck to you my dear, I know it can be very scarey.

Hugs
You need to see a doctor with your history. Any advice you get on here about whether or not you have it is inaccurate. Please see a doctor.
I had those most of my life, but I've never been diagnosed. Now I'm 40 and it does bother me that there really wasn't any help when I was younger.
My teachers noted I appeared "bored in dream world" and so the schools put me in "special ed classes" I was the only female in these classes. Today I guess you could say I have a mixture of panic attacks, derealization at times, anxiety, and a few other disorders but I've always been afraid to see a professional about this because I'm terrified of being labeled with a condition.
I constantly try to bring myself back whenever I noticed I'm spacing out. I think that's what is causing my anxiety. I have to remind myself to pay attention and be "in the moment".
I wonder if it might be a form of ADD (without hyperactivity).
I had petit mal seizures hit me when I was 22 yrs old. Before one would hit me I would have an aura, that is where you would feel it coming on . I had the radio on one time and felt an aura coming, next thing I knew they said something on the radio that I thought was making me that way. My seizures lasted between 3 to 5 seconds but took me up to one minute to regain control of what I was doing when I took it.While taking the seizure I would stare, pop my lips, or if I spoke it sounded like a completely new language never known of. I suggest you see a Dr to get advice and ask your friends to keep an eye on you also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net