Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Please can you answer?mental breakdown?

hiya,
please can someone tell me what are the sypmtoms of mental exhaustion?i suffer with depression and have been ok up untill about 3 weeks ago when we had some trauma,s at home.since then i really feel poorly,pressure in head,crying all the time,lost interest in everything,just want to sleep all the time,no concentration and staring into space like im comatozed,i just can,t seem to get a grip of reality.don,t want to talk to anyone and if i do i want to cry,i want to do stupid things and just a feeling of low self asteem,no confidence,worthless.I,ve never reaaly felt like this and it frightens me.this don,t seem like the normal low periods i have.
im just so tired physically and mentally and i just want to go into a place of my own and scream it out.everything seems to be hurting me.if there are any professional dr,s out there please help me understand why i suddenly feel i don,t want to go on and why i just feel like im just exsisting.
Answer:
If you are in UK, call NHS Direct on 08454647, or see a professional. People on here may not be what they say they are!
are you on any medication for your depression? it seems things have come to a head and you cant handle all the stress so feel pushed over the edge you need to speak to your gp tell him things are not going well and see what he suggests
everything you describes sounds like your heading for a breakdown so get help as soon as possible
You sound like you have a good grip on what's going on with you. Your symptoms sound like depression. Consider seeking professional help and perhaps getting temporary medication to help you get through this. The most important thing is to get the professional support to help you rebuild your thinking and re-create yourself if necessary. Don't wait.
Ohh wow.

You sound pretty miserable.

I suggest you get away from everything for a while.

I hope you're feeling better soon.
Really.
What I am happy about is you have managed to write this! I think that is very positive! Go to your Dr and explain how things have got worse, perhaps there is some medication you can go on ! You will get better don't worry, you just need treatment!
Sounds like Depression, stop drinking coffee/alcohol and see a doctor.
i know exactly how you feel.
I'm just getting over my third long term bout of depression. i've tried everything - counselling, psychologists, cognitive behaviour therapy etc.
finally i've found something that works called 'emotional freedom techniques' - EFT
the theory is that if you tackle the emotions that cause the depression then the behaviour that manifests itself wont occurr.
there's a great website - emofree.com
which includes a free handbook.
i'm still on medication and probably will be for a long time, but this has given me a light at the end of the very long tunnel.
but still, i think you should speak to your GP.
good luck
Hi I think you have depression and it would help you to go and see your GP and tell him/her how you have been feeling and he will give you something that will help. Lots of people suffer from depression. I have put a few websites for you to look at.
http://forums.talkcity.com/n/mb/message.

understanding depression:

http://forums.talkcity.com/n/mb/message.

those are 2 links to good info about depression on a forum i visit.

http://testyourself.netdoctor.co.uk/inte...

that is a test to score yourself on how depressed you are

Source(s):
http://forums.talkcity.com/n/mb/message.

Tina
i am just coming out of a similar situation.

How did i deal with it?
I just started picking at the things that i know i can do and the things i enjoy!
a) i like to golf. And always never made the time to go, So... feeling all crappy and all. I just took off for three days... and golfed! I hit rock bottom, i have nothing to lose! I played and enjoyed my time alone.
b) To do list. I have SO much things to do around the house. So... even if it took a week to do something that should have taken half a day! I still did it. I didn't care how long it took, as long as i did it. Finish my to do list. Who cares how long it takes.
When your list becomes half as long... (as it is now for me) The feeling of accomplishment is better than actually finishing your TO DO list.
c) I recently started eating healthier. Junk food and pop are a minority composition of my diet. And believe it or not... i function much better. Physically and Mentally. I know i am doing something better for my body and physically, i feel more alert and able.
d) Fitness. I couldn't believe it, but every morning i ride my bike. With this nice weather and all. Why not? Windy or rainy, i go for 30 minutes to the store and back! I cannot believe how much pumping your blood can make you feel so much better. Cardio everyday may seem excessive... but... its only 30 minutes and riding your bike... you can pick your own pace and your own route. I take a different route each day. But it seems everyday i get there sooner... and i am less tired! (I am actually, thinking of going further next month)

all in all, goal setting was tough.
Writing things down helped plan my day, my week, my month out. Even if i didn't finish something, I never crossed it out until it was 100% complete.
And if it wasn't completed, i never got stressed. I just kept at it until it was done.

The Redundant part is... as my list gets shorter... i have no problems adding more things to that list.
Now... i just get less stressed about it... and know i will have some time (down the road) to attack it.

anyways... hope that helps a little?
good luck
Get into some activity if you want to or not. This could be volunteering at your local hospital. Get out of the house by your self and drink some coffee at a fast food place. Look around at the flowers outside whenever you take a walk. You can not let people or any given situations get you down. This will all pass. You need to go take a walk by yourself and really look around as I said at the flowers and all the beautiful birds.Find you a small job and find people to talk with.You are never too old to take a college class. Go take a human resouce class at your local college.Human resource classes are really fun and informing. Play music that make you happy! Go get a manicure at the beauty college they are not all that expensive.You may want to talk with your doctor but I would not talk any meds. only if I had to. You sound fine! Just get out of the house by yourself and talk to people even if you do not want to.Go take a ride on the city bus, and look at the peoples clothing the styles such as their hair. Stay here and help other people with their questions. Some people may be rude but overlook them. We value your opinions!
i am not a dr but have been in your situation, it is because of the recent trauma in your life that has alot to do with your subconsious and things have come all at once through out your life. its like a tow truck carting bricks and it is now full and over flowing. tomorrow morning have a shower tell yourself you are going to have a good day. look in the mirror and tell youself this again, go for a light walk somewhere. and then return and have a little snack, you neeed to keep motivated to be able to pick yourself up. when u begin to feel like this and reconise ther eis a problem and your sick of it... this is when it is going to be a new beging for you.take that stand and tell yourself to bad i am not going to let things get me down... strom on ahead you have the will power there!
You feel awful because you very depressed; also sounds like some form of nervous fatigue.

If you haven't spoken to a doctor, you should. They will organise help for you, whether it's in the form of therapy, medication, or both.

Depression is truly awful, but there IS so much help available for you, do go and get it!

Don't continue to feel this way; you WILL get through this, with a little bit of help. Make an appointment with your doctor; make that phone call today!

And if for any reason at all you have an unsympathetic doctor, find a better one!

I think it may also help you to confide in a close friend or relative about how bad you're feeling. Have a good cry, too; better out than in!
I know how you feel. Just simply existing and only knowing that time passes because you have to shop everyweek, not getting anything done because you cannot concentrate, get motivated and move quickly.

I probably had a small breakdown, where all I could do one weekend was cry. I was so slow at moving, and when I wasn't crying I wanted to cry. I wouldn't talk to anybody, was extremely quiet and withdrawn, this was when I'd decided that I'd had enough and went to the doctor.

I have depression and was like that for ages. I really suggest that you see your doctor. If you are put on medication I suggest that you get somebody close to you that sees you often to keep an eye out for you and to give you lots of support. They often make you worse before you get better. My energy has only just started to pick up, though I feel like crying I am able to get up and out. My motivation and energy are up which helps, though my mood is still a little low I am able to get stuff done, which helps to improve your mood.

The very best of luck.
You are having a major depressive episode triggered by the trauma you said happened at home. And you are trying to get out of the the episode by yourself. It sounds like you are not on meds or have a therapist. If you have a therapist you need to get to him/her now. If you are on meds they may have to be adjusted or in some cases the meds you are on have "quit working". It's happened to me.

And "Yes", it does feel like you are existing. The feeling will pass and will pass quicker with some professional help. But remember . . . what you are experiencing is the illness of depression . . . no use in figuring out "why" . . . it's just the way the illness works Peace..
It sounds like classic burnout.
It's possible to live for years coping with everything until you reach a point where things get to be too much. Quite often that point is recognised as a type of trauma, often something apperntly minor, %26 it brings everyting crashing down on you.
Then depression hits. The worst thing is that nobody listens or understands, they think depression is no more than low mood, but now you know the full extent of what depression really is.
What has happened in your brain is that the synapse chemicals have got depleted by constant stress. Doctors often prescribe antidepressants to treat the symptoms %26 suggest you rest while you recover. The antidepressants will help, but it is the rest that really heals.
You need time to rest, cry, feel low %26 just not take responsibility - at least a month. Your brain is telling you not to do anything, which is why basically you can't. Don't try to get a good grip on things, just survive until you feel you can enjoy something again, by then you will be fairly well on the way to recovery.
you might get more help from someone who actually had a mental breakdown and has the descriptive powers to analyse it;i.e. my good self
claire weeks in her 'self help for your nerves' explains that a mental breakdown consists of mental,physical ,emotional and spiritual breakdown-sounds like you were getting worn down in each of these areas and that the recent event tipped you over the edge
you have normal low periods but on this occasion you probably need more than just talk-possibly treatmetn with cipramil anti depressant if you have depression with panic attacks or prothiaden with sleep disruption
take as much pressure off yourself as possible and go straight to your G.p
COME back to me if the problem goes on
You really need to talk to someone professional about how you are feeling. Have you got an understanding GP? If so, they will understand and maybe refer you to a counsellor or to the Local Mental Health team. I don't think you can get out of this spiral on your own. Have you got anyone that would go to the doctors with you? Please don't struggle through this on your own. It is a natural reaction to the traumas that you have been through lately. The mid is like a sponge, it can only absorb so much and when it is full, then it says, 'Hey, I need a while to cope with all of this, to process what has happened'. I know it doesn't feel like a natural reaction but it really is. Your mind is overloaded,. I found writing down how I felt was the best thing, just getting all of the rubbish out on paper, just scribble. I also used to draw pictures, I'm rubbish at drawing but just focusing on something really helped. I just got a packet of felt tips and some cheap paper. I also used to go and throw crockery at the shed outside when I couldn't express my anger any other way. I n=know that it feels like you're paralysed, like every effort takes all your effort, so please just try writing, it really does help. Take care.
this is something you must see you re Doctor about mental brake down can manifest its self in many way depending on the person and their circumstances please go and see youre doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net