Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Phobia/Anxiety attacks? Fear of others seeing my hands tremble.?

I love to work with my hands. When someone is there to watch me work, I get so worried that they will see my hands shaking, I will start to have an anxiety attack. My hands will start shaking severly and I start to sweat, my skin will get hot, mouth becomes dry. It is taking over my life. What do I do? No medication please.

My hands only tremble when I am nervous.
Answer:
Lots of people have hand tremors. There is nothing shameful or threatening about them. Very few people would even care to make a remark about them, but if they did, you could easily say "I have had tremors," and leave it at that. No further explanation is necessary.
However, some people are so anxious that they have panic attacks just thinking about crossing a bridge. Panic attacks are unpleasant, but they are always of short duration. Phobias are more stubborn (they're more along the lines of a compulsion), and may require at least several months of therapy. You could attack the problem indirectly by doing something like yoga. Yoga is slow, but after months of breathing exercises and postures, you develop a deep sense of relaxation and peace. Good luck!
talk to a psychologist your mentally ill!
I get panic attacks and anxiety... For severe cases I take a very mild prescription. It's actually an antihistamine. But for milder situations, I breathe...
IN 2 3 4
HOLD 2 3 4 5 6 7
blow OUT 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
It really works!
Good Luck!
See anxiety at http://www.ezy-build.net.nz/~shaneris... on page 6, and practise one of the relaxation exercises, like mantra repetition, or mindfulness breathing, on page 2, since you can do these and still work, when others watch. If no good, try hypnotherapy, so you focus so much on your work, you don't even notice the presence of others.
Try not to worry so much about what others think about your shaky hands. However, if this is something that is "taking over" your life, it has reached a level where you should probably talk to a counselor/psychologist (these professionals cannot prescribe medication; only a MD or psychiatrist can do that). There are different techniques (not all of which include medication) to help control these types of symptoms.

I like the idea of slow, controlled breathing. It really does help!

Good luck!
http://sensitive-psychoworld.blogspot.co...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net