Tuesday, May 25, 2010

PLEASE help! Is getting a therapist @ the age of 16 makes me a frealk/loser?

I've been through a lot and am damaged emotionally %26 dnt know how to deal with my problems/emotions. Can't talk to my parents about it cuz they are part of the problems. Friends don't help much...I'm not sure if I should get a therapist...
Answer:
It makes you responsible and I'm proud of you for asking the question....... seeking help to cope with your emotions is a brave and very mature thing to do, especially when you cant talk to your friends or parents, don't ever feel like a freak or loser , you're the exact opposite of that .
no not at all. in fact i think its a very admirable and mature thing to do, if you need help then you need help doesn't matter how old you are.
You should definitely see a therapist before more damage is done. I'm 15 and I see a therapist and a psychiatrist. Only my close friends even know I see a therapist/psychiatrist. Therapists are good people to talk to, just to talk to. Many people see therapists. There's no need to be ashamed. Easy to say, I know. You need to worry about yourself, though. Try not to worry about what others will think of you and seek some guidance. It's your future, not there's.
Not in the least. I've known lots of teens to have therapists. Including me. A therapist can make all the difference in your life.
no. It makes you look weak. Who said life was easy? Suck it up, you can take it.
As a peson probubly your parents age. Of course not it does not make a loser. If anythig u will have a better view point on matters and in a few years be years ahead of yours friends. Good luck .
You do not need to fear being honest enough with yourself and caring about yourself and getting help with a therapist! Is it better to need one NOW or 30 years from now and have all those years of unhappiness built up in your mind and heart and soul? After you lost the love of your life because you could not function right? Losing jobs because of anger?
No. You go and get your help. Anyone that doesnt care for you enough is not WORTH their opinion! If they judge you, then you dont need THIER opinion, right?
I do not believe it is right to suffer, if there is valid help to be gained. I do not believe in selfishness, but I DO believe in caring for yourself! This is caring.
Go. Get your peace back. Love yourself and let NO ONE judge you for it! Peace be with you my dear!
No, it doesn't, and is the wisest thing to do. See a therapist, but first see http://www.ezy-build.net.nz/~shaneris... on pages 1 %26 2, especially the 1-800-therapist and the tips at the mental-health-abc %26 conquering stress websites. Had you been more informative, I may have been able to advise you on a suitable type of therapy.
im 16 and im seeing a counselor and no one thinks im weird. i think its a fine thing to seek profesional or doctors help i do.
You should most definitely see a therapist. And, no it would not make you a freak or a loser. If anything it makes you a responsible, self aware woman. Many, many people need and want therapy, no ones life is perfect. I suggest you get help with your problems. Therapy helped me a lot.
On the contrary, it makes you quite courageous to step up and confront those issues that are affecting your life. Not a lot of people would do that so, do not worry what other people think because you are moving forward in your life, and that is all that's important. You are not a loser or a freak. No. You are simply a human being who chooses to make their life better. Good luck. The ride won't be easy, but when you look back on your life, going to therapist will not be one of the things you regret.
no it doesn't. actually, it makes you mature ('coz you're sensible enough to think of one) and actually helps you with your problems. and no, it doesn't make you look weak. in fact, you're actually strong enough to think rationally and have therapists come to mind.

some people might think you're a freak or a loser, but that is just plain immaturity (no matter how old they are) or stupidity on their part. but then again, why should you pay attention to what others think of you? are they going to help you up when you are totally damaged? it's your life, and if you want to make it better you have every right to do so.

(of course, you don't have to tell the world that you're getting a therapist. maybe a few trusted people.)

some other kids have gotten therapists at 16, some even younger! you're not the only one who's going through a tough time, many others do so, too. hmm.. i don't think those kids are freaks or losers, so it really isn't a reason for you to be one too.

good luck! (hope i helped)
I don't know if you want to hear from an "older" person but I don't think it makes you a loser or freak. I was in the hospital at the age of 12 with a bleeding ulcer that was found when I tried to O.D. At that time it was unheard of for a child to get help from counselors. Today it is a common thing. My parents were part of my problem well most of my problem so I couldn't talk to them. I wasn't able to make friends so I was there alone to fix my own trouble and went the wrong path.
So, back to your question, don't put it off. I wish I had been able to find a therapist to talk to. I wish I had been as strong then as you are now. Find someone to talk to and open up to them. Get it out of your system and live a healthy life. God bless
No offense, but young people never listen. the best way to fix an issue of yours is to g about it your own way. it doesn't matter if its healthy or not. your morals and values will determine the outcome.
If you feel it's necessary, then go to a therapist. You are not a loser or a freak if you talk to a therapist at 16. One of my friends had been seeing a therapist at 8 years old I believe... or something close to then, but she's just 13, so it's definitely younger than you. Maybe you should talk to your friends first. I don't know. I have MANY problems myself and my friends are constantly trying to help me. I never asked them to. They did it, and still do it automatically. Maybe if you talk to them, they will help you. But you may not want them to. You have to decide what's best for you. And if you'd like, you can e-mail me. Just go to my profile and e-mail me. =) Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net