Tuesday, May 25, 2010

People suffering depression: What meds are you on and how did you find your doctor?

I think I am in a serious depression. I used to take Parnate about 18 years ago for post partum depression. I don't take it anymore, but in all honesty, I have never recovered from my 2nd pregnancy. Now, lately, it has gotten worse and I need to go back on medication, but where do i start? I don't want to do anything that takes effort.
Answer:
I'm on Effexor. I also tried Citalopram/Celexa, and Prozac. The Prozac didn't shift the depression but was great at reducing anxiety.

I've read about Parnate; apparently it's amazing and really achieves significant mood elevation.

You can ask your doctor to refer you to a psychiatrist; he can then evaluate you properly. If he knows that Parnate helped you before, he may offer you that again.

Hope you feel better soon.
My husband suffer's from depression and stress, he has been taking Paxil for about two year's now, and it has really helped him tremondously! It is like living with a new man. Ask you doctor if it is suitable for you.
At the moment I am on paroxetine, but I have been on other things before.
You should see a doctor to discuss options, I'm in the UK so can't advise you about finding one.
I am on Paxil and it has worked wonders for me. Start by seeing your primary physcian. He/She should be able to prescribe the correct medication for you. Don't wait...go to the Dr right away or the depression will get out of hand!
Make an appt. with your primary physician %26 talk to him about it. He can perscribe whatever he feels will help you the most. Sometimes its a trial %26 error situation to find the right one for you in the right dosage but it will be well worth it in the long run.
I have been on zoloft for 4 yrs now, and the dr said i will be on it for many years. I was also on Trazadone but recently was taken off it and feel much better now.

I only found my dr after I was admitted into a behavioral ward when I tried to kill myself.
welbutrin and venlafaxine . as for the doctor after being in the hospital mental hosp for a few days the doctor there arranged for me to have a family doctor i did not have one at the time . the medications i am on and the dosage are both of my own thinking i just asked the doctor to do this and he did and i feel a great deal better . i am far from all better but i am a great deal better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net