Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Please Answer!?

I don't know why but everywhere I go I feel scared that something bad is going to happen! At stores and restaurants I always watch the doors to make sure theives don't run in shooting everywhere. In my car I am always watching roads to make sure my mom doesn't crash into anything and kill my family. I am scared at home of burgalers breaking into our house! Is there anything wrong with me? I just don't want to lose my family! Any tips...
Answer:
I have these feelings all the time. Like im scared that someone i know is going to fall into the river that leads into the city as theres no barriers around it. I know it sounds stupid but the fear is there all the time. I'm also scared of high winds and i always think that the chimney is going to come crashing through the roof. When im walking down the street i fear that a car will come off the road and hit me! I think these fears started when i had kids as ive now got to protect them aswell, i dont think these fears would be as bad if i was on my own. So your not the only person to feel like this.
Go to therapy! Good luck =)
I think you have something called paranoia.

Everyone's paranoid at times, but not all the times. Maybe you should seek a doctor to get a prescription to calm those nerves.
you are paranoid.

you can see a psychiatrist, and s/he can give you some anti-depressiong medicine, that can help
Sweeite, you need to talk to your family doctor about this and ask for a referal to mental health.

Concern is normal, but what you are experiencing isnt. It exceeds it and you need a place to voice your concerns and find ways to cope better with it.

Good luck!
Please get some help. It is normal to be concerned but this goes far beyond that. Others have said it's paranoia, but I think it's more than that. This could turn into a real phobia that could cripple you (mentally). Don't let this happen. Life is great.

I have many online friends who experience what you do and they are house bound due to fear of being out anywhere, for one reason or another.

Bad things happen and nothing you do is going to stop that but don't let those thoughts run your life because you will have no life if you do.

See your doc and get some help before it gets any worse.
I think you have an anxiety disorder. You should talk to your doctor.
i don't think you're necessarily paranoid you could be suffering from Generalised Anxiety Disorder.
People with generalised anxiety may find that they:

* easily lose their patience
* have difficulty concentrating
* think constantly about the worst outcome
* have difficulty sleeping
* become depressed and/or
* become preoccupied with, or obsessional about, one subject.,

Youre best speaking to your family doctor to be referred if needs be to a counciller etc
you are too worried.. you need to pray to God to guide you and your family... and try to be positive...and to be calm... and just always pray! and think that God will not let any harm to your family..
that's what i do when i'm worried and scared
My suggestion to you is to watch every superhero movie out there and try to learn and act like them. :) Ok realisticly you might have a disorder of some kind but then again it could be just an active mind. This might be just a point in your life where you are scared for no reason what do you think it is? What can you do to cope when these thoughts come up? What can you do to better express to the people around you that your having these thoughts so they can help ease them? It seems like you have alot of questions and answers to find exploring your spiritual side might help ease some of the scaredness of losing your family and friends. I think my best advice I could give is to look for support and talk about the issues in your life. It could be a doctor it could be a friend or family. Your family must think for themselfs you cant think for them so worrying about what will happen to them isnt very useful but it may bring you to questions you want to ask yourself. Good luck in your journey to recovery a path we all walk I believe.
dont worry! its just a bit of paranoia brought on by stress or something equivelent. you dont have a disorder and dont needs pills and i doubt you need to see a shrink unless that makes you feel a bit more comfortable. thought its good to talk to your family about this...they can reassure you, and with these things it often feels better to vent it. good luck!
Liz:)
Therapy I guess. I think it's better to be cautious than think you're invincible.Try to rationalize your fears with inner dialogs AKA remind yourself "I am worrying too much. Things will be fine." Carry a cell phone (doesn't have to have minutes, just make sure it's charged) and pepper spray in case of an emergency. Be alert to your surroundings, but try not to let your fears control your life. Get a security camera for your home. They don't cost a lot. I think it's sweet that you care so much for your family. Try not to view yourself as a freak or anything, but just realize that there's only so much you can do...somethings are beyond our control. Life is short, make the most of the time you have with your family. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net