Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Perhaps someone nice would like to help?

i have been depressed for 6 months 1/2 months. i am on no medication becuse i am underage and am not going to therapy becuase the last time it made me more depressed. i nearly have no friends and feel as if i have nothing to live for. i have a brother and sister and they get all the attention. my parents are too stupid to realize what is going on and never pay any attention to me. my mom constantly yells at me. school nor home is a safe haeven. i have nowhere to run to and no one to talk to. i feel alone. i don't cut, but i harm myself by scratching myself. i haven't done it long. i have a hard time hiding them, but my family is too oblivious to notice.what can i do to help myself?
Answer:
Sydney!
Aw, honey! Don't loose hope! I wish I could just give you a nice hug and tell you that there is a rainbow out there for you!
What I have done for depression is thru the following:
1. Exercising - whether it be at the gym or horsebackriding, swimming, tennis - something you really enjoy. This will help get 'positive' circulation into you which will release natural endorphines - happy feelings.
2. Natural herbs - Saw Palmetto (they say it's for men's prostrate health, but it does work on depression, too!), Omega 3 oils (flaxseed), and some people use St. John's Wart (I have not used that one and some people are "iffy" about it's reliability).
3. Drink plenty of fresh water. Helps with the body to 'breath' and circulation.
4. Get involved in some social hobby (like above with the sports) or
5. Take some parks %26 rec's fun classes (painting, cooking, makeup, travel to local town for shopping)
6. Volunteer work - helping people in the hospital, Habitat for Humanity, women's shelter, animal shelter, the elderly. This helps us to focus off of ourselves and by giving to others, your self-worth gets stronger.

Don't wait for your parents to wake up. You've noticed that you are displaying some self-destructive traits (the cutting), which will esculate unless YOU put a handle on it. No one can save you from yourself, but finding a Church where you can turn to God for guidance is a great choice, too. There are loving counselors there who will help you communicate with your parents and keep you from continuing in this unhappiness. One thing that helped me was the book "The Purpose-Driven Life" by Rick Warren. The opening line was really all I needed to know "It's not about YOU". That was what was killing me; I was too focused on my feelings and not reaching out to others. By reaching out to others, I finally gained my self-worth and am happy again.

I wish you the same.

You recognise the problem(s); that's the first big step. Now, be pro-active and get a handle on your emotions and actions and do the right thing for yourself. Take care of your Spritual needs (that is what is crying out the most), and the rest will take care of themselves. Take care of Spirit %26 Body!

060607 6:45
pray. God heals all things.
I think you should talk with your family about whats happening,maybe they r to bust in life to keep track of everything. All you need to do is to talk with them and if they dont listen then you cant blame yourself for not trying. . email me at need-help-with-life@hotmail.c om if u need any help.
If your parents are oblivious to your behavior you should talk to one of your teachers or a counselor. They are there to help you. If your family goes to church, you should also try talking to your pastor. There is no reason you should be harming yourself in anyway. Prayer changes things!
hun, ur never alone and please stop harming urself, it may make u fell better at the moment but it is never going to get rid of your problems. my suggestions are to try and make new friends, u can start with me, the names marybeth and i live in ny. someone always has something to live for. set a goal/career 4 urself and go for it. push the negatvity to the side and focus on u, dont worry about anyone else. what does ur mom yell at u 4? do what she wants u 2 do and avoid her mouth. just think.at 18 u can be on ur own and do ur own thing. some things u just have to deal with until u r of age to really take care of urself and believe me.its nice! i would be more then happy 2 be ur friend, u know the popular web site myspace? if u dont have it, u should get it, lots of people on there u can meet and feel free to add me as one(can find me by my email which is this sn at yahoo. good luck and cheer up!!
ITS A GOOD THING THAT YOU RECOGNIZE THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM. IF SCHOOL OR YOUR FAMILY CANT SEE YOU ARE HURTING, REACH OUT TO GOD AND PRAY FOR HIM TO COME INTO YOUR LIFE AND TAKE AWAY THE PAIN YOU FEEL. HE REALLY CAN HELP YOU WHEN NO ONE ELSE CAN. I WILL PRAY FOR YOU ALSO.
Ok, you probably don't require therapy, but I would say that you do require both medication and family support. Make an appointment with your regular physician first and talk to him/her about what's going on with you. Not only will he/she be able to prescribe meds that WILL help, but you may also want to ask him/her to talk to your parents for you. The doctor can't talk to them without your permission, so if you don't want the doctor to talk to them, he/she won't. I wish you luck.
Have you ever tried to talk to a guidance councilor at school? They can be very helpful with understanding what kind of help you should get. Tell her you would not want her discuss your conversation with your parents until you feel comfortable to do that. She won't call them if you don't want them to. She will know how to help you. You need to talk to someone about how you feel before it gets worse. There are also depression hot lines you can call and talk to some one anonymously, just to be able to talk to someone that understands may help. They too can direct you to a doctor who can help with medication or therapy to help you. Good Luck. I hope you feel better soon.
Sydney,you sweet girl my heart goes out to you .i want you to first calm down and second take control of your life you have taken the first step by asking for help.i know you feel so sad but i want you to stop feeling sorry for Sydney .i want you to love yourself and from your words I can tell you are a good girl.stand up for yourself and approach each parent at separate times and sit down and demand there attention they are your parents and they need to know you are hurting and make them know they are not doing there job as parents.don't be afraid tell them just how you feel .and stick up for yourself you are a part of this family too bless you kara doll
Try talking to your parents first. Often, how you think they view you is very different from your perception. They may think you are quiet and a loner and that they shouldn't push.

If this doesn't work, talk to a counselor. Therapy doesn't tend to help until your seratonin levels kick back in. (the chemical that alters moods) When depressed for long periods of time, the body has trouble producing it--making it very difficult for you to rationalize things. Even though you know you shouldn't feel a certain way...you do. Please go see a doctor and work on this. Once you have taken medication for about a month...you will start to see a slight difference. Then you can go to a therapist to talk about things. (I was 13 when my mother took me...and I felt it didn't help at the time either)

When you are depressed, everything around you looks so much different. The thing is, you cannot "snap out of it" as it is a true medical condition. Good luck. I promise you it will get better if you talk to your parents, a counselor and a doctor.
First, please smile!!! :) you need to disclose this with your parents. ask your mother why she is always yelling at you, let her know your feelings about her yelling. try to make friends with people that have similar interests as you. you need to communicate to loved ones. please don't scratch, try kicking a soccer ball or something to release these emotional tensions you are having. Hang in there! life is beautiful and has much too offer you as you have much to offer others!
You need to get back into therapy--for your own good. If your last therapist was of no help, ask to see another one. Also, if you belong to any house of worship--pastors, priests, rabbis, etc. are often trained in counseling. Additionally, there are school counselors.
Go to the hospital. They help. If you get admitted, they will listen and help you. Your parents will also listen and realize something went wrong.
At age 16 I admitted myself to the hospital for the first time. Again at 17, I admitted myself. It is hard, but I got a lot of help. I am now no longer depressed and I got a diagnosis on what is truly wrong. Medication and therepy helped me. At times it did make me more depressed, but overall, it made me better. I got hooked up to a good doctor and counselor through the hospital. I eve nhad family counseling for a while which helps too.
Being underage is no reason not to get meds. If you can't talk to your family, there's no reason you can't talk to your doctor. Its hard when home doesn't feel like home, and school is no picnic either - I was depressed for years and my family never noticed me.

But I talked to my doctor, who was able to convince my mom I needed help. And when I turned 18, I moved out. These are difficult years of your life - regardless of what people tell you. Things get better though. Life improves. Hang in there, rely on friends and try and get some help. You don't have to live this way, and trust me - I lost my best friend to suicide. Its not worth dying for either.
Listen!I cant promise you it will get better but the family situation is temp your whole life is waiting to begin start making a game plan.A whole new location,volunteer work,take your time and don't sweat the family we all have for life.I'am 36 and when I was 15-19 it was real bad and i'am glad I hung in there because I'am on my own doin my own thing.I joined military and it was scary cause I was away from comfort but it took the frear of branching out on my own away.Remember you are a grain of salt in a big filled swimmig pool.The planet is beutiful,at least check it out!
you said that you were getting worse when in therapy. a lot of people dont know this. but usually EVERYONE gets worse before they get better, why? because issues are coming up for you to deal with, yes it can be overwhelming, but stick with it, because thats how you face your demons and find a way you can deal with them and any future demons that may arise. if you cant get medication to help PLEASe go to counseling or the like, even if you are on medication, if you have issues you should go get help and STICK WITH IT!

good luck !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net