Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pill Popper? or Addiction?

If a person takes narcotics for real pain and to prevent certain pain but also somethimes takes the meds if stressed out or emotionally disturbed and needs it to calm down is that an addiction?
Answer:
I do the same thing. I've taken them for real pain, but they do help so much for anxiety and being stressed I think they help better then anxiety medicine the doc's should look into pain killers for anxiety medicine!
yes you are a crackhead and you need to go into rehab immediately. do a google search and find the nearest rehab centers to you an go sign up. whatever you do, don't start stealing from your mother to support your habit. this can get out of control.
well that would be an improper use of pain meds-
If someone is also having stress and emotional disturbances then they should speak to a doctor and possibly get meds that would treat those specific symptoms.
Just goes back to right medication for the right symptoms
you wouldnt take tylenol because u have diarrhea- you would take pepto...
Yes, this could be considered an addiction. A lot of people are prescribed narcotics for real, genuine pain and start out taking it at it's prescribed dosage. But then, it often stops working effectively and they, or their doctor, will increase their dose to regain pain relief. As this continues you build up a tolerance to the medication and sometimes a dependence.which is considered a physical addiction. The medication in and of itself can cause you to feel stressed out, have depression, anxiety, etc.
Unfortunatly taking pain pills will eventually lead to addiction, trust me I know because I am also addicted to pain killers, I take them for real pain I have had 4 surgeries in the last 6 months so I really do need them and if I dont take them I get violently ill. But if they are taking them for emotional problem, which being in pain will tend to cause some emotional issues they should ask the doc for some anti-depressants to help with that! Good Luck!
Yes, the beginning of an addiction.
yes - remember just say no

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net